We will turn your fitness upside down!
Who we are
- Inclusivity at its best – all body types are welcome!
- Top quality professional instruction.
- A tight-knit studio community.
What we do
- Group classes and VIP 1:1 training
- Classes that not only enhance your pole skills but also contribute to your overall well-being, both physically and mentally.
- Connect like-minded individuals who share a passion for pole dance and a commitment to personal growth.
- Offer a safe space for you to learn about all the wonderful things your body is capable of.
Our Class Timetable: Your Path to Progress
- Perfect for those new to pole dancing.
- Learn the fundamentals of pole work, basic spins, and foundational moves.
- Gain strength, flexibility, and confidence as you progress.
- Perfect for continuing your pole journey.
- Learn fundamental inversions, progressions of static poses and spins.
- Further conditioning to get you ready for going upside down!
- Designed for experienced pole dancers looking to push their boundaries.
- Master intricate moves, breathtaking spins, and gravity-defying inverted tricks.
- Advanced conditioning and flexibility work for tricks.
Beginner Flow Foundations
- Learn foundational pole flow techniques and transitions to flow around the pole.
- The same content over the course of four weeks and work on perfecting rather than jumping to a new routine every week.
- Express yourself through your clothes and movement.
Basework Flow - Mixed Ability
- Open to all levels, including beginners who have completed at least one four-week beginner flow.
- Flowing pole dance set to music.
- Enhance your artistry and pole dance skills.
Magic Tricks - Mixed Ability
- Open to all levels, including beginners. (Students brand new to pole dancing should book beginner classes to build foundational skills)
- Explore unique pole trick shapes. Make pretty content for your insta grid, with level appropriate variations.
- Embrace seasonal themes and challenge your creativity.
- Enhance your range of active and passive flexibility training to dial in grace and ease of movement both on and off the pole.
- Each class will cover exercises and stretches for the full body including back and shoulders, hips and legs.
- Receive a 15-minute video each week to boost your progress at home. You should complete this video 3x per week.
- Beginners are absolutely welcome.
- Practice and perfect your pole skills.
- Hire a pole to yourself for your personal development.
- Challenge your creative and choreography skills.
New Client Discount Code – NEWCLIENT 20% off your first class
Why Pole Dance?
At Devon Pole Dance, we’re all about providing excellent pole dance instruction in a supportive and fun environment. We believe that pole dance is a personal journey, and there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to teaching it.
Our classes offer a safe, inclusive, fun environment where you can learn at your own pace.
You will receive unprecedented support from your teacher and class-mates. Our classes are about so much more than pole dance. We have helped hundreds of students to increase their confidence, strength and flexibility.
You don’t need any prior level of fitness to start, most of our students come to us with no prior dance experience. We will teach you everything you need to be the best pole dancer you can be.
Use code NEWCLIENT for 20% off your first class
Frequently asked questions
Your basic clothing kit for pole is made up of leggings and a long sleeved top for the warm up and cool down/stretching and spins. For climbing the pole, practicing seats etc. you will need additional skin grip. This means shorts, a sports bra and camisole top. You may also like to bring socks to make your floor-based turns easier. From lesson one, any student who wishes to, is encouraged to feel free to wear heels. We suggest that you wear a pair with an ankle strap. Further information on heels and kneepads can be found below.
Our advice is to wear clothing that doesn’t cut in and makes you feel good.
You should not apply moisturisers to your body or hands for 24 hours before your class.
Please bring a bottle of water and a sweat towel.
In short, NO! A consistent pole dance practice will improve your level of overall fitness and flexibility. Over time, you will build fluidity in movement as well as strength. It’s ok to be a beginner, and mistakes are part of learning. We look for progress, not perfection.
At your own pace, you will learn the essentials of how to move around the pole, as well as spins and simple upright poses such as seats on the pole. You will then be introduced to climbing up and down the pole. As you progress you will learn to link movements and enter into poses from climbs. Everybody learns at a different pace and there is no pressure to progress.
There is no upper age limit and we accept students from age 16 onwards.
Without good flexibility it is very much possible to learn many fantastic poses, spins and transitions at beginner level and beyond. Regular pole dance training will improve your level of flexibility. A lot of famous pole dancers are on record as saying they started with no existing flexibility. We offer weekly flexibility sessions to improve your range of motion.
No. Your pole dance lessons include conditioning which will improve your strength in all the ways you need to be a competent pole dancer.
No. Pole dance is for everybody. Whatever your life goals are, please use pole to support your self image and uplift you in learning all the amazing things your body can do.
Up to 48 hours before the start time. There are no exceptions to this rule, so please don’t ask.
You can rebook a class up to 48 hours before the class start time. This can be can done through the online booking system; simply log in and amend the booking. A class booking can be moved forward once, up to four weeks into the future.
Please contact Issy to rebook and provide at least 48 hours notice. A private lesson may be moved once, up to four weeks into the future. Private lessons which are part of a six week course must be taken within eight weeks of the start of the course.
(Special workshops may have a different policy)
- Arrive 5 minutes before the start of class.
- You are advised not to apply any moisturisers, oils or lotions on the day of your class. Doing so will be at your own risk.
- Remove outdoor shoes before entering the studio and place outdoor clothing and bags into the cloakroom located at the back of the studio.
- Please remove jewellery before class.
- Don’t speak over your instructor. Pole lessons can be a social occasion, however not paying close attention to instructions can lead to misunderstandings.
- Please replace your basket and mat neatly at the end of class.
- Ask questions. You add to the experience of the whole class.
- Be kind to others and celebrate their successes.
- Introduce yourself to your pole buddy.
- Be welcoming to newcomers, always.
Why train with Devon Pole Dance?
Creating a safe and inclusive learning space is super important to us, especially for those who feel they don’t quite fit into mainstream fitness classes but have a curiosity for taking a more unique path. So forget about the typical “abs and gains” mentality—here, we focus on the captivating, empowering, and powerful aspects of pole dance.
Group Class location
Evolve Gym, 5 Woodland Cl, Torquay TQ2 7BD
Find the studio to the left of reception